Thursday 6 December 2012

What's been going on with me?

Soooo, I've kinda been neglecting my blog for the past little while and for that I apologise.  Things have been very busy at Creating Contrast Designs and I am NOT complaining!  It just means that as much as I love blogging, it's had to take a back seat in order for me to  focus on creating beautiful spaces for my clients and getting things done for them prior to the busy holidays ahead.


Photo by Kwest images

In late October I had a professional photo shoot with Kelly Horkoff of Kwest Images and I was so thrilled with the outcome.  Having a professional photo shoot is well worth it, especially in my business, as so much of what I do is conveyed through pictures.  The shoot was a great learning experience and gave me a real insight into just how much detail goes into perfecting every image.

Just look at this photograph below that I took myself after the bulk of the decorating had been done at my clients home in Roseland....


When Kelly arrived for the shoot I added extra layers of accessories that is often required to give you that 'magazine look'.  But you can easily tell the difference in quality, lighting and detail from my amateur photo above to the professional photograph below.


Image by Kwest Images:  A notable difference, that's for sure!

It was a lot more work than I had anticipated and I spent $500 at Homesense on extra accessories and wall art - all of which was returned with the exception of the purple throw on the bench which I gave to my clients as a thank you for letting us take over their home for an afternoon.

Kwest Images


To view more photos of my client's living room, please click here and see the 'portfolio' section of my updated website.  If you want to learn more about this fabulous makeover and see the before pictures, see this post for all the details, you will be shocked to see what the room looked like before! 

My latest project is a large commercial job and sees me completely redecorating a dental office.  The bulk of the work will be completed over the Christmas period with the remainder being done throughout January 2013.  We are starting in the main entrance, waiting room and reception area, leaving the 9 operatories for spring time decorating.  

Fabulous new look coming soon.....
 Although we are not knocking down any walls, the entire office is getting a new look.  From the dark green wallpaper to the dusty rose carpeting and even the oak tiled ceiling - this space will undergo a major face lift.  My client wants a brighter, up to date and calming space that is long overdue.  
 
Not only am I designing the entire space but I am also acting as Project Manager, overseeing all trades and scheduling the work with tight deadlines.  Next week I will be presenting all the finishes, including flooring, new receptions seating, fabulous paint colours, ideas for a feature wall and more! 
 
 
I wanted to say Congratulations to the winners of my ~Delicious Room Makeover~ contest held this past September.  Here are two of my lucky winners that came in 1st and 2nd place.

Sarah is lovely and so deserving of her 1st place prizes!!
Tanya's bathroom (blue toilet) won her a free cleaning from Molly Maid!
Thanks again to all those who participated and voted, I love you for your support.   It was fun!

Lastly, I have some more exciting news!!  I have nearly completed my first video which will be added to my website within the next month.  The video is just over 2 and a half minutes long and you wouldn't believe how many hours its taken to film and especially to edit. I have a whole new respect for people whose job it is to edit and film....it's amazing how that happens when you experience something for yourself. 
 
Anyway, thanks for sticking with me.  If you are still not decorated for Christmas, check out the links below that include posts from Colour expert Maria Killam on how to decorate a mantle for the Holiday's and some cute ideas for Christmas decorating from 'Thrifty Decor Chick"

 Fill Jars with Christmas

 Decorating the Mantle for Christmas - Maria Killam

Crafty Christmas Knock Offs - Thrifty Decor Chick

2 comments:

  1. Pictures look great! Look forward to seeing the dental office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! We will have to catch up in the New Year. All the best for the holidays. Claire

    ReplyDelete