Friday 3 February 2012

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT NOW WILL YOU LEARN TO LOVE IT LATER?

In my previous posting from the Furniture show I mentioned that the Pantone colour of the year was Tangerine Tango.    When I received my March 2012 issue of Elle Decor magazine this week I was not surprised to see how often the similar reddish orange tones appeared as I flipped through the first few pages.  I found half a dozen advertisements using this hue again and again - including the cover page.  Coincidence?  I think not.



The more you see a colour, product or style the more likely you are to accept and embrace it, maybe even learn to love it.  Think about contemporary design for a minute. I don't know about you but when this type of design first became popular I was NOT a fan.

But just like fashions from the worlds' famous runways, as items are filtered down they appeal more to the average consumer.  Before we know it we've become desensitised  and more accustomed to what we see regularly and our tastes may have changed and adapted subconsciously over time.

This is ultra modern design


Filtered down to a more mainstream design, you may find it easier to live with this kitchen than the one pictured above

So, have you fallen for the modern trends in design and colour?  Or are you sticking to your guns with more traditional styles and modest hues?  You may find yourself somewhere in the middle mixing old world furnishings with new decor accents.  Either way, as long as you surround yourself with what you love then you will be happy, so go for what excites and inspires you!

If are seeking advice on what design style choice is right for you, then please contact me and I can help make your dreams for your home a reality.  E-mail me at: claire@creatingcontrastdesigns.com to book an appointment for a consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment