Thursday 29 December 2011

New Years Eve Fantasy Party- DIVA Style!

Now that Christmas is behind us, we turn our focus to New Years Eve preparations.  If you are hosting a party, this is the perfect time of year to do fun and fancy decorating to impress your guests.  For us, this year will be a low key affair at our place with the kids and a few of our friends playing games, eating lots of food and maybe having one or two glasses of bubbly! 

Source

I am going to have fun with this post by acting like a DIVA and pretending that the sky is the limit when it comes to organising the ultimate New Years Eve party.  I will share with you some of the must haves' on my wish list for decor and entetainment by going 'OTT' (Over The Top) with ideas where anything is possible because in make believe, money is of course no object!

 My New Years Eve Fantasy Party Plan 

The Dress: My first priority is to decide upon is what to wear? This could perhaps be the most important decision you will make for such an event as your attire needs to be stunning & comfortable. This dazzling gold and silver sequin covered strapless dress is my top choice. I would be careful to position the tiny black belt just right on my waist to make it the most flattering fit for my figure.


What could be cuter and more sparkly than this?

Accessorising: The dress is obviously centre stage ('focal point' in my language) and in similar fashion to choosing accessories for your home decor, the supporting elements should be fairly subdued and complimentary at the same time.


This necklace fills up just enough negative space and repeats a floral motif like the clutch


This simple clutch includes the same colours as the dress with just the right amount of 'bling'

Naughty and Nice

There is no way I would ever be able to wear this shoe in real life and live to tell about it, but this is a fantasy story so anything goes. This is even more true with my dream date - of course my first choice would be my husband, but if he was unavailable babysitting the kids - then I would have to settle for Mr. Robert Pattinson. 


He is nearly as hot as the dress


The Setting: I have had a long time love affair with England for a few different reasons: Most of my family are from England and I myself lived there for nearly 6 years. I absolutely fell in love with the charm, history and scenery, not to mention the people - the latter is especially true because I even married an Englishman and brought him back to Canada with me!
Chris and I stayed here at the Alveston Hotel in Stratford upon Avon for a weekend getaway while we lived in England.  As you can see from the photograph, it is a breath taking grand estate and it's my choice of venue for this Diva's New Years Eve party. 

Transportation:  There would be lots of snow & guests would arrive by horse drawn carriage. 

A built in heater would be required to keep us girls warm in our fancy dresses!

Gathering Place:  We would meet and greet all of our guests in a slightly modernised English country styled living room like this...

Understated Elegance

On the menu: To start- decadent treats, succulent appetisers and trays of champagne in tall Waterford crystal flute glasses would be served by caterers dressed in tan coloured tuxedos.

Anything wrapped in Bacon is delicious..mmmm
Wouldn't be New Years without the Moet!













Table Settings: I want my guests to be comfortable and relaxed, so nothing too fussy. However I would like there to be a sense of sophistication in the atmosphere.  Colour can be added through florals and other accessories, like chair coverings.

Although I'd choose more comfortable chairs, I like the natural look of this monochromatic table setting below.

This colourful and whimsical chair covering below is spot on and I love that each chair appears to be wearing it's own dress for the party! 

This would be ideal in plum and yellow tones


Pretty arrangements dotted along the white linen covered table
It's imperative to have floral displays that allow you to still see and talk to people across the table.  This is an important consideration when choosing or designing your tables' centrepieces.

Source
One or two of these soft purple chandeliers will make fabulous conversation pieces and provide just enough ambient lighting for dining.  

Live Musical Entertainment is a must have at any perfectly planned New Years Eve party. My carefully selected entertainer providing the perfect mix of party music is none other than the classy, refined and highly talented - Mr. Michael Buble.

Canadian born Michael Buble tops my list for Entertainer of the Year


Grand Finale: As midnight draws nearer fireworks will nicely round off the evening and welcome in the New Year. 

Source
Thanks for coming to my party, I hope all your dreams come true in 2012 -Have a fantastic night!







 


1 comment:

  1. Love your party setting! And I could never wear those shoes either :)
    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog today!
    x
    maria

    ReplyDelete