Sunday 20 November 2011

Before and After Pictures

My piece of furniture is done and I love it!  Unfortunately my basement is undergoing some renovations at the moment so it will be a while until I can move it to it's new home.  Here is a picture of my buffet and if you didn't see what it looked like prior to being sprayed, then click here to see the photo.  To see it in my beautifully renovated basement all dressed up and pretty, read this.

I am very pleased with the colour and can't wait to add hardware and dress it up with accessories.

Paint it Like New has done some amazing work and I am dedicating this post to sharing some of my favourite before and after transformations with you.  If you are still hungry to see more once you've read this post, please go to their  website for lots of other pictures that are sure to inspire!

Oak cabinets tend to require an extra coat or two of paint because of the nature of the of the wood.
One of my clients had oak cabinets like this and then had them sprayed CC 130 - Ivory White by Benjamin Moore and it looks fantastic.  The hardware still needs to be chosen but I can tell you that the difference in the overall look of the kitchen is amazing.  Even with Oak cabinets the make over will still look incredible when it's done, just look at this kitchen below!

New back splash & counter top to be installed.  This kitchen will be as good as new for a fraction of the price!

Many people have their kitchen cabinetry painted because it is a quick and cost effective way to beautifully update a kitchen.   Creamy Whites are usually the most frequently requested colours, like Benjamin Moores' cloud white, oxford white or steam - from the affinity collection.

Although when other colours are used such as black or an espresso, they tend to have a more customised look as well as covering up any imperfections better than white can.  Janet especially loves when customers' request to paint something a funky colour too, which leads me to this next item. 

Here is another buffet before being painted.
And here it is after.  How bold and fun!
This bright orange hue for the buffet is risky but it works sensationally with  the wallpaper and I'm sure it is the conversation piece of the entire house! 

These pictures below are of  4 very cool planters that would make a statement in any garden or porch.

I have to admit I kind of like the character of the worn and weathered look, but.....

How fierce do these lions look now?!!
If you have something you are considering having painted to freshen up its' appearance, contact Paint It Like New and Janelle would be more than happy to provide you with a quote.  If you would like to give something new life but don't have anything yourself, check out  Upcycle Furnishings.   You can choose from one of the pieces for sale and pick the colour to best suit your decor.  Here is a previous post on Upcycle furnishings if you are looking for some ideas.

I am very excited to announce that Creating Contrast Designs has teamed up with Paint It Like New to offer the following Christmas promotion:   Simply visit 'Paint It Like New' between November 24th and December 24th and be entered into a draw to win $100 towards your next spray painting project and a two hour Interior Decorating Consultation.  The winner will be drawn on Christmas Eve and will be notified by phone or e-mail.  What a great way to start off the Christmas holidays!

My first Christmas newsletter will also be sent out this week to all my subscribers.  If you haven't subscribed and you don't want to miss out on my 'Top Ten Tips for Home Decor at Christmas' then be sure to subscribe at the top right side of my blog and enter your e-mail address. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures, makes me want to refinish something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anonymous

    Let me know when you do refinish something and please send a picture! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete