Tuesday 1 January 2013

2012 - A Year in Review


As usual, the year has flown by and I am happy with my accomplishments for the house and how 2013 is gearing up.  Seeing as it's the New Year, I decided this would be a good time to review my resolutions from 2012 to see what goals I hit and what was missed.  If you want to follow along to see what my resolutions were from last year, click here.


Taking a closer look at 2012
My basement was top of the list of things to complete and I was ecstatic with the result.  The basement is so cosy now, we all love to spend time here and entertain friends regularly.  The amazing sound system that was purchased through Faiview Hi Fi still makes my husband smile and gives me chills when the base gets so loud that the room shakes!!


The above photo was also added to my professional houzz profile and at last count has been added to over 3000 ideabooks!  This is leading people to my website, gaining new 'followers' on houzz and generally  providing me with fabulous exposure, so I am very happy about that.

As for the hardwood on the stairs, we opted for carpeting instead as it was much more softer under foot.  The picture below is not overly exciting, but very comfy all the same and we love it.


In regards to replacing the flooring in our bathroom on the main floor, we decided to give that a miss.  Despite the battle over the 'love it or list it' saga that I wrote about in this post, we have chosen to Love the house for now.  Watching the progress and transformations through redesigning our spaces, we see the potential, we also love our neighbourhood and the location is perfect.

Although our washroom is not this size, this photograph definitely gives me inspiration.
This is great news however, because now I get to look forward to a future bathroom renovation.   Probably not until 2014 though as there are more pressing items that need to be addressed like a new roof and shed.

For my kitchen window I choose a custom window treatment which I love! (The picture below was taken in the dark in order to get the flash to work, so a little overexposed as a result) This roman blind from Levolor has the same warmth as the terracotta tones in my back splash and is textured. Previously I wrote a post titled 'Are you making this mistake when Decorating' all about how window treatments finish off a room, it is so true!

Now I would like a new light fixture and hanging plant on the left.  (My want list never ends)

Lastly, I spoke of continuing to purge and staying organised.  For the most part, I have - there isn't much choice when your a family of four in a 3 bedroom bungalow with no garage nor a shed for storage.  In fact today we have taken down the Christmas tree and I got rid of a few more items that are no longer needed.  Feels good!!

To me, being organised equates to being happy.
As for losing weight and getting fit, well my sister bought me a 3 month membership for the gym so I will be heading there just like everybody else within the next week.  Good friends of ours are getting married this summer and I am in the wedding party so that will help keep me focused on getting healthy, not to mention getting out with the kids for more hikes and generally enjoying the outdoors is always important and fun.

Source
In 2013 I have so many exciting things lined up; projects that are nearing completion and others that have yet to get underway.  January sees a couple of Design Shows in Toronto that I will be attending and my first You Tube video will be launched shortly. (I know, the suspense is killing you! lol).  


I look forward to sharing my continuing journey with you and wish you all the best for a safe, healthy, happy and prosperous year ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment