Thursday 6 September 2012

Chevron Pattern

When I wrote my Passionate about Patterns post, it reminded (as well as amazed) me that we really are spoiled for choice when it comes to the variety of patterns available to us.  However, there are a few patterns for me that stick out as classics like the herringbone, houndstooth and chevron.
As I promised you in this post, here are some more fabulous ideas for using the chevron pattern in every day life, fashion and home decor.

Chevron patterns are here to stay

Chevron draperies
Paint the stairs for an added punch to your hallway
(For more ideas on staircases read this post I wrote back in July)
Frame an accent wall with Chevron patterned wallpaper
To see more on accent walls, check out my blog post 'Why more than one accent wall can be boring'

Source


Chevron backsplash definitely makes a statement in this kitchen
Custom flooring like this is a big commitment, but if you love it then go for it!
Here the thickness of the chevrons changes it's look quite dramatically
The injection of colour of the year Tangerine Tango injects a punch here
Used here for the exterior patio, just enough to add interest but not overwhelm



A great way to add style to a place setting
Love, love, love these planters!!!


Easy way to make a one of a kind tray
The chevrons on the wall here remind me of a heart monitor


More than just for home decor, the chevron pattern is great for fashion too!

I only wish I could get away with wearing such a cute top!
I love the red Greek key patterned accent on the waist of this dress
Source
I currently have no chevron patterns in my home but am thinking I could sneak some into the bedroom.  The pattern is like a neutral, so I'm sure it's something hubby could live with too!

What about you, have you embraced the chevron into your home?  Or as a decorator have you used it in any of your designs for client's?  If so, I'd love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment