Monday 7 May 2012

The Ultimate Womens Show was the place to be!

What a weekend.  The Ultimate Women's Show in Hamilton was the first show that I have participated in as an Exhibitor and boy was it fun!  Hard work and tiring, but fun.
 
My booth was just a 5' x 10' space, so I had to work my design magic to ensure it got noticed without being too crowded. My show piece was my antique buffet which was very functional as not only was it great for displaying accessories, but the extra storage also came in handy.

Some of my pictures turned out blurry, sorry about that.  But you get the idea.
Many people commented on how much they loved the updated antique piece and especially the colour and new hardware.  'Violet' is what I named my mannequin, she was dressed in fabrics from Avant Garde, Maxwell and Joanne Fabrics. 

My florals were done by my good friend and fellow Interior Decorator Maria who did a fabulous job of incorporating all the colours in my display.  Thanks for all your help over the weekend Maria, you are the best!

I decided to use purples, greens and yellows and 'pop' with the colour of the year, Tangerine Tango.

I was right in the middle of the action having a corner booth by the main stage.  The fashion show was fantastic, showcasing clothing and accessories from local shops. Here are some of my favourites:
  


These ladies above are modelling clothing from 'Jus B' Gauze' in Burlington.



These colourfully wild boots are from 'Zeyzani's One of a Kind Selection


I made some new friends along the way as well...


We always watch CHCH Morning Live so I was so excited to have Lesley Stewart in my booth!

What hard work this show was having my booth across from the firefighters. Hey Adam!
Louis from Hotti Biscotti said he'd love to join me as an Interior Decorator, but he and his Mom are doing just fine with their yummy biscotti business.

My fab friend Maria and I posing for a photo in my Creating Contrast Designs booth.  Cheers again babe!
Thanks to all my friends and clients who came out to see and support me at the show.  And thanks to those who stopped by to enquire about my services and completed a ballot to win a 2 hour Interior Decorating Consultation.  I will be doing the draw later this week and will be in touch with the lucky winner soon.  Good luck!

If you would like to find out more about the services I provide, contact me and I can help you create a beautiful space that you are happy to come to, share with your family and entertain in with friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment